05 December 2014
- The Welsh Government’s budget motion for the Final Budget 2015-16 will be debated in plenary on 9 December 2014.
- The National Assembly’s Finance Committee has led the scrutiny of the budget. The Finance Committee have produced a scrutiny report on the budget, to which Welsh Government have responded.
- The only change between the Welsh Government’s Draft and Final Budgets was the announcement of £10 million capital spending for a transport project in North Wales.
- In addition to funding allocations in the Final Budget, the UK Autumn Statement 2014 announced on the 3 December means that in 2015-16 the total revenue available for Wales increases by £113.2 million, and the total capital by £8.8 million, of which £2.3 million is for Financial Transactions. The Welsh Government’s intentions for these amounts are expected to be scrutinised by the Assembly at a future supplementary budget.
- The Finance Committee has also scrutinised the estimates for the Assembly Commission, Wales Audit Office and Public Services Ombudsman for Wales which are referred to in the budget motion.